Have you seen these little gems yet? Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses are now one of my favorite holiday candies. They have bits of candy cane in them which was a nice surprise to me. My mother-in-law got a bag this week and we noticed on the back of the package is a cookie recipe. I knew this was something I must try.
My son and I had a great time making the cookies. This recipe is perfect for the kids! You don’t need a fancy mixer. Use your standard hand held blender and a spoon. He had so much fun rolling the dough and rolling it in the sugar crystals. One thing I recommend is to wait at least 3 minutes, or a little more, to put the kisses in the middle of cookie after baking. I was a little anxious with my first batch and the kisses melted a bit too much for my liking. With the second batch I patiently waited and they turned out much better. I know you will enjoy these cookies as much as we are right now.
Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses Cookies:
- 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
Source: Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses