I know I’ve posted quite a few dips recently and I don’t want to bog you down with dips. But so many people are looking for the right one to serve at parties, especially during playoffs. This one pairs very nicely with Buffalo Wings. I made the recipe exactly as it said but next time I’m going to add more cheese to the dip. I felt it could use more, possibly up to another cup. You can always more or less of anything in this dip, to suit your tastes. You could use any other kind of thick fries if you don’t want to use waffle cut. I do recommend using a thick cut, due to the dip being a little on the thick side. Small cut fries won’t stand up to it. I hope you enjoy the loaded baked potato dip as much as my family did.
Loaded Baked Potato:
- 1 (2.1-oz.) package fully cooked bacon slices
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 cups (8 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Garnishes: cooked, crumbled bacon; sliced fresh chives; freshly cracked pepper
- Serve with: waffle fries or other thick cut fries
- Microwave bacon according to package directions until crisp; drain on paper towels. Cool 10 minutes; crumble.
- Stir together bacon and next 4 ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours before serving.
- Garnish, if desired. Serve with crispy, warm waffle fries. Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 7 days.
Source: January 2011 issue of Southern Living Magazine