I’ve never been a big fan of the Reuben sandwich and I really don’t know why. I love all the ingredients but for some reason when I’ve seen it on the menu, I shy away. I saw this recipe that turns the sandwich into a dip and I decided to try it. What I found was that all the ingredients complemented each other without overpowering one another. I’m so glad I tried this dip, I don’t think I’ll shy away from a Reuben sandwich ever again.
Hot Reuben Dip:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces (about 4 slices) deli sliced corned beef, chopped
- ½ cup Thousand Island dressing
- ½ cup drained sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing and corned beef. Spread in a pie plate or other shallow serving dish. Top with the sauerkraut and the remaining ½ cup of Swiss cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve hot with cocktail-size rye bread squares.
Source: Brown Eyed Baker