Tomorrow is the start of fall, and that my friends, is my favorite season. I’m going to kick off fall by giving you this great pumpkin recipe. Most of you might already know that pumpkin is something I’m very fond of. I have some great pumpkin recipes planned for the next couple weeks.
I will start you out on this dump cake. This recipe couldn’t be any easier, take a boxed cake mix and pour it over a delicious pumpkin concoction and top with crushed graham crackers, toffee bits, and butter. YUM! There is a tiny story behind me making this cake. The night before I began to heat up the broiler and heard a pop. My oven has decided to stop heating up. This is very sad news for any baker. Thankfully my parents now live very close to me and I was able to go over to their house and bake this cake for our Sunday dinner. Now I sit and hope that the oven won’t cost a fortune to fix. I can’t wait to get it back!
Other pumpkin recipes for you to enjoy.
Pumpkin Dump Cake:
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers or pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking/baking spray
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine and pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle entire box of cake mix on top, followed by the graham crackers or nuts and toffee chips.
- Pour the melted butter evenly on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
Source: Slightly adapted from Cookies and Cups