*If visiting from Pinterest, thank you! Please make sure to check out the rest of my blog as I have many other great recipes on here. Look for me on Pinterest and Instagram – user name @cook1864 I am also on Facebook*
One of my favorite dips to make during football season is this corn dip. I got the recipe a few years ago and it’s become a staple in our house. When someone tries it for the first time, they can’t leave without getting the recipe; it’s that addicting. The key ingredients are corn, cheese and chipotle peppers. You can adjust the heat level by adding or subtracting the amount of chipotle peppers. Personally, I love a lot of chipotle peppers, it gives it a great zing. You can also change up the amount of cheese. I’ve made it with more of the montery jack than the chedder and it’s worked out great. The addition of fresh ingredients at the end of baking, rounds out a perfect party dip.
Hot Corn Dip:
- 2 cups shredded chedder cheese
- 1 cup shredded Montery Jack
- 2 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced small
- 1 small can (4oz) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 11oz can of corn, drained
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs green onions, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cheeses, chiptole and green peppers, mayo, garlic powder and corn together. Pour into an oven safe dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- Top with diced tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.